Connect with us

Troops In Iraq Cheer After Trump Makes MAJOR Announcement – Was Not Expected

Published

on

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump made an unannounced trip to Iraq to visit our troops serving far away from during the holidays. While there, the Commander-in-Chief made a sudden announcement to our military heroes who weren’t expecting it, which resulted in loud cheers from all of them.

Although the excitement and appreciation were certainly felt there in Iraq from Trump’s announcement, the same can’t be said for Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer who are likely not too enthusiastic about what the president is doing now.

Reuters reports:

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he is prepared to wait as long as it takes to get $5 billion from taxpayers for his U.S.-Mexico border wall, a demand that has triggered a partial shutdown of the federal government that is now in its fifth day.

With no immediate end to the shutdown in sight, Trump made his remarks during a surprise visit to Iraq and blamed the shutdown on Democrat Nancy Pelosi, who was expected to become speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives on Jan. 3.

Trump had previously said he was prepared for a lengthy shutdown and when asked on Wednesday how long he would wait to get what he wants, he said, “Whatever it takes.”

“Nancy is calling the shots,” said the Republican president, suggesting that her opposition to his demand for wall funding had to do with Pelosi’s need for votes to become speaker.

Pelosi largely locked up the speakership weeks ago.

“The American public is demanding a wall,” Trump said while on the ground at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq.

During a televised Dec. 11 meeting with Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, Trump had said he would be “proud to shut down the government for border security” but has since shifted the blame to Democrats.

During his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump repeatedly promised Mexico would pay for his proposed wall. After Mexico repeatedly refused to do so, he began seeking U.S. taxpayer funding for the wall, which he sees as vital to controlling illegal immigration.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll in late November found that improved border security was a top-three priority for only about 31 percent of Americans surveyed.

Even with both chambers of Congress and the White House under Republican control for the past two years, former real estate developer Trump has not gained full funding for his wall.

Democrats and some Republicans view it as a costly, unneeded and ineffective project, but some Republicans support the idea and back Trump’s demand for $5 billion in partial funding.

“His resolve is very firm,” Representative Mark Meadows, a conservative Republican, told CNN.

Following weeks of failed talks between Trump and congressional leaders, parts of the U.S. government shut down on Saturday, affecting about 800,000 employees of the Departments of Homeland Security, Transportation and other agencies.

Most of the federal government, which directly employs almost 4 million people, is unaffected. The Defense Department and other key agencies are fully funded through Sept. 30.

Congress was scheduled to reconvene after a holiday break on Thursday and resume debate on the matter.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Trending Now on Right Wing News


Nearly 1600 Migrants Released Into New Mexico City In Just 10 Days

Published

on

...

* By

And….the invasion continues.

On Monday, Officials in Las Cruces, New Mexico, reported that Border Patrol agents released nearly 1,600 illegal migrants in their community over a 10-day period. The City was forced to spend about $75,000 for humanitarian assistance.

Officials said that Border Patrol agents dropped off 105 “asylum seekers” on Saturday to a local high school. Agents dropped off another 56 on Sunday morning, KVIA ABC7 reported Monday morning.

Border Patrol officials began releasing the illegal migrants apprehended in the El Paso Sector on April 12, the El Paso ABC affiliate reported. The releases come as the sector reached the breaking point with thousands of Central American migrant families crossing the border illegally in West Texas and the New Mexico boot heel.

The City of Las Cruces responded by setting up a network of temporary shelters to house the “asylum seekers” while they attempt to arrange travel to other parts of the U.S., the Las Cruces Sun News reported. Nearly 1,200 were dropped off by Border Patrol agents during the first week alone.

Las Cruces Sun News Reports:

LAS CRUCES – Border Patrol has released more than 1,000 migrants in Las Cruces in the past seven days.

Friday of last week, the federal agency began releasing migrants in Las Cruces because of a shortage of space at Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention centers. Most are migrants from Central America who are seeking asylum.

In response, the city established a network of temporary shelters to house migrants while the asylum-seekers — men, women and children — look to travel elsewhere in the United States.

Border Patrol dropped off another 140 migrants by 1 p.m. Thursday, bringing the total number since last week to 1,080, with more migrants were expected after 1 p.m.

On Friday morning, Las Cruces Mayor Ken Miyagishima said that of the total number of migrants released in town, “75 percent are gone,” having found sponsors in other cities. He estimated the number of migrants currently receiving assistance in Las Cruces at no more than 250 and probably fewer.

Miyagishima was in talks with his counterparts in Santa Fe and Albuquerque on Thursday and Friday about assisting migrants on a rotating basis among the three cities to give volunteers and aid facilities a chance to rest.

The mayor made arrangements with Santa Fe and Albuquerque to take the migrants on a rotating basis.

“It looks like they’ll be taking some. We just need to figure out transportation,” the mayor told the local newspaper.

We could easily handle 200, but not 200 a day,” the mayor explained. “That’s why I’m thinking if Sanda Fe can do 150 to 200 every three days, I think it is more manageable.”

New Mexico Homeland Security Department officials told the El Paso television station they expect more “asylum seekers” to continue being dropped off in Las Cruces “for several more weeks.”

Read the full story via Breitbart

How much more will the American people take? Time for the people to start taking a stand against this illegal invasion.

DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:

Continue Reading

Mexican police detain hundreds of migrants during caravan raid

Published

on

Continue Reading
[ifform list="4174" submit="Subscribe"]

Send this to a friend