Connect with us

President Trump Just Shut Down Obama’s Social Security Plan That Helped Undocumenteds

Published

on

President Trump is always dealing with an array of detractors. Especially given some of the policies he has supported. The case is no different now, now that he is beginning to reinstate a Social Security anti-fraud plan that was put into place under the Obama administration and used to identify illegal immigrants.

It was recently announced that the current White House administration will be restarting the notification process to American businesses when sensitive and personal information that is submitted on employee tax forms does not properly match up with the records of social security numbers. This had been a longtime business practice that was stopped under the Obama administration.

The Daily Caller reported,

Beginning in 2019, the Social Security Administration (SSA) will send “no-match” letters to employers when a name and social security number combination provided by an employee does not match the agency’s records for that number.

Employers who fail to correct the records could be subject to IRS tax penalties, Bloomberg Law reported Tuesday.

The resumption of no-match letters also has significant implications for identifying illegal immigrants who have stolen a U.S. citizen’s social security number and used it to prove work authorization. As many as three-quarters of the 7 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. workforce possess a social security number that belongs to somebody else, according to SSA estimates.

No-match letters can be considered preliminary evidence that a worker is an illegal immigrant who appropriated a social security number to gain employment, according to a September report from the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI). Using government records obtained through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, IRLI found 39 million instances of social security number mismatches between 2012 and 2016.

Many of those instances are repeat mismatch reports involving the same number, and others were caused by name changes, clerical errors or non-alien criminals stealing identities for other reasons, according to IRLI executive director Dale Wilcox. But “we know a large portion of that number certainly is stolen identities” on the part of illegal aliens, Wilcox told Bloomberg Law. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: New USCIS Office Investigating Thousands Who Got Citizenship Through Identity Fraud)

The SSA has sent some form of mismatch notification to companies or individual employees for decades, but the Obama administration quietly suspended the practice in 2012, citing a lack of resources. At the time of the suspension, no-match letters were being sent directly to employees, not employers.

“The termination of no-match letters has resulted in a thriving black market where illegal aliens can obtain the Social Security numbers of U.S. citizens in order to gain employment,” IRLI, the legal wing of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, said a news release on Sept. 11. “The Social Security numbers of young children are especially sought by illegal aliens, as this theft is likely to go undetected for years.”

The Obama administration halted no-match letters eight days after it began accepting applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program in August 2012. Due to the timing, some immigration policy analysts concluded the move was made to reassure DACA applicants they wouldn’t be prosecuted for identity theft.

“Since awareness that they had been ‘flagged’ as identity thieves might well have dissuaded them from disclosing their whereabouts in a DACA application, suspension of the SSA program was a logical add-on to the other actions taken by the administration to prevent fear of identity-theft prosecution from depressing DACA applications,” Temple University law professor Jan Ting wrote in March.”

In the past, the aim of no-match letters was to inform various companies as well as their employees that their contributions to social security were not being adequately and properly credited because of their mismatches. In 2016 during the tax season, there was approximately $1.5 trillion in earnings for the Social Security Administration in the suspense file. This is where the agency holds down uncredited wages that it knows it can definitively match in its database that holds all social security numbers.

Over $409 billion of the total was totaled between the years 2012 and 2016, that is three whole years. This was a period when the Obama administration had already stopped sending n-match letters. As was reported by the IRLI.

This could potentially be a part of the president’s attempt at comprehensive immigration reform without having to get or receive the approval of Congress since this is not legislation or public law. Especially recently with the controversy surrounding issues at the border between Mexico and the United States. Only time will tell what type of long-lasting reform takes place.

Share if you agree what President Trump is doing is the right thing.

Share if you believe that illegal immigration should not be incentivized.

Share if you think that what the Trump administration stands for is right.

Share if the halting of this policy under the Obama administration was the wrong thing to do.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Trending Now on Right Wing News


Newly Released Emails Confirm FBI Tried To Work Deal With State Dept To Minimize Hillary Email Scandal

Published

on

...

* By

The insanity never seems to end and once again the great Judicial Watch is doing Congress’ oversight job! It’s time arrests start happening.

Newly released FBI emails obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request confirm that James Comey’s FBI attempted to work out a quid pro quo deal with the Obama State Department to help cover up the Hillary Clinton private email server scandal just weeks before the 2016 election.

Back in October 15, 2016, Fox News first reported on the deal but full confirmation did not come until this week when the government watchdog group Judicial Watch released FBI communication related to the deal.

“FBI interview summaries and notes, provided late Friday to the House Government Oversight and Intelligence Committees, contain allegations of a ‘quid pro quo’ between a senior State Department executive and FBI agents during the Hillary Clinton email investigation, two congressional sources told Fox News,” Herridge and Browne reported in 2016. “This is a flashing red light of potential criminality,” Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah) told Fox News at the time. “In return for altering the classification, the possibility of additional slots for the FBI at missions overseas was discussed,” he said.

Fox News reported on Monday that over two years later, the allegation that the FBI and State Department floated a “quid pro quo” deal has now been confirmed, and it originated with the FBI:

The trove of documents turned over by the FBI, in response to a lawsuit by the transparency group Judicial Watch, also included discussions by former FBI lawyer Lisa Page concerning a potential quid pro quo between the State Department and the FBI — in which the FBI would agree to effectively hide the fact that a Clinton email was classified in exchange for more legal attache positions that would benefit the FBI abroad, and allow them to send more agents to countries where the FBI’s access is ordinarily restricted.

The quid pro quo would have involved the FBI providing some other public reason for withholding the Clinton email from disclosure amid a Freedom of Information Act request, besides its classification level. There are no indications the proposed arrangement ever took place.

And, in the face of mounting criticism aimed at the FBI, the documents revealed that Comey quoted the 19th century poet Ralph Waldo Emerson by assuring his subordinates, “To be great is to be misunderstood.”

The FBI did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment on the released emails.

Read the full report via Fox News

Continue Reading

WATCH: Trump Slams Pelosi On Wall, Kneeling NFL Players In Pre-Super Bowl Interview

Published

on

In President Trump’s pre-Super Bowl interview with CBS News, he slammed Rep. Nancy Pelosi on the wall, as well as NFL players who kneel during the National Anthem. He was in fine form. He nailed Pelosi at the beginning of the interview and then took on the NFL and kneeling at the 15:40 mark. Trump also took extreme exception with those who are second-guessing his decision to pull American troops out of both Syria and Afghanistan.

In the interview, Trump also briefly discussed football. He said he would not push his son Barron to play the game, knowing the risk of long term brain injury. He also pointed out that soccer is becoming more popular as a sport.

But it’s his flaying of Pelosi that was riveting. President Trump referred to Nancy Pelosi as “very rigid” and intimated that he may sidestep Congress to get the wall built by declaring a national emergency. Rumor has it that an executive order is ready and awaiting his signature. At least Trump didn’t call Pelosi “frigid” although that certainly came to mind.

“I think that [Pelosi] was very rigid — which I would expect — but I think she is very bad for our country,” Trump told reporter Margaret Brennan. “She knows that you need a barrier. She knows that we need border security. She wanted to win a political point. I happen to think it’s very bad politics because basically, she wants open borders. She doesn’t mind human trafficking or she wouldn’t do this.”

“She can keep playing her games, but we will win. Because we have a much better issue. On a political basis, what she’s doing is — I actually think it’s bad politics, but much more importantly it’s very bad for our country,” he stated.

“You know, there have been plenty of national emergencies called,” Trump explained. “And this really is an invasion of our country by human traffickers.”

Trump wasn’t anywhere near done. She “doesn’t mind human trafficking,” Trump added, torching Pelosi very nicely.

From The Daily Wire:

“As for the kneeling NFL players, Trump believes the recent boost in NFL ratings proves he was right that anti-racism protests were souring Americans on professional football. Trump also believes he’s made progress handling some NFL players’ complaints. “A lot of people in the NFL have been calling and thanking me,” he said, referring to his part in efforts to reform the criminal justice system and grant clemency to a number of federal prisoners serving long sentences for drug crimes.

“You have to respect our flag and our country. I want that as president and I’d want that as a citizen. And I have a very good relationship. I did them a big favor in negotiating the USMCA, which is basically the replacement to NAFTA, which is one of the worst trade deals ever made,” Trump said. “And Roger Goodell, this is a dispute that has gone on for years. Roger Goodell called me and he thanked me.”

“In a final interview, which aired just before the game, Trump touted his plan to withdraw American military forces from Syria and Afghanistan, noting that the United States’ commitment to the two countries won’t be dimmed by a change in troop presence.

“We’ll come back if we have to,” Trump said.

“We have very fast airplanes, we have very good cargo planes. We can come back very quickly, and I’m not leaving,” Trump added, hammering in the possibility that American troops could easily re-deploy to the region. “We have a base in Iraq and the base is a fantastic edifice. I mean I was there recently, and I couldn’t believe the money that was spent on these massive runways. And these — I’ve rarely seen anything like it. And it’s there. And we’ll be there. And frankly, we’re hitting the caliphate from Iraq and as we slowly withdraw from Syria.”‘

This isn’t the first time President Trump has given an interview before the Super Bowl. He’s done it a number of times now. His State of the Union Address this week promises surprises but will also touch on these issues.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Latest Articles

[ifform list="4174" submit="Subscribe"]

Send this to a friend