There has been an enormous amount of support out there for Doctor Christine Blasey Ford, the alleged victim of Judge Kavanaugh who accused him of sexually assaulting her three decades ago. However, there has also been a large amount of support for Judge Kavanaugh and his family in light of all the accusations that have seemingly destroyed their career.
Over $700,00 has been donated to Dr. Blasey Ford’s GoFundMe page for her family, security purposes, and her protection. Both fundraising sites were set up earlier in the month. The money was also for traveling expenses as she prepared to give testimony in Washington D.C.
Kavanaugh has denied all of the allegations. The two campaigns — “Help Christine Blasey Ford” and “Cover Dr. Blasey’s security costs” — had reached more than $700,000 at the time of publication. A number of other campaigns related to her also appear on GoFundMe based on a search of Ford’s name.
“We are working directly with all campaign organizers and guarantee the funds raised will be transferred directly to the Ford family,” Katherine Cichy, a spokeswoman for GoFundMe, told ABC News. “To be very clear, we have designated the Ford Family as the beneficiary of these funds. We cannot take the money out or otherwise direct the funds,” Cichy added.
During Thursday’s hearing, Rachel Mitchell, a veteran sex-crimes prosecutor who questioned Ford on behalf of Republican members of the committee, asked Ford who had paid for her expenses, including the polygraph examination she underwent about her memories of the alleged assault.
“I’m aware that there’s been several GoFundMe sites,” Ford responded. The page for the “Help Christine Blasey Ford” campaign said it was set up on Sept. 18 to support the “Palo Alto mom, a beloved professor and mentor and friend. This fundraiser is sponsored by her neighbors and colleagues.”
At the time of publication, the campaign had raised more than $490,000 from more than 10,700 people and was still accepting donations. The “Cover Dr. Blasey’s security costs” campaign, which was created on Sept. 18, raised $209,987 by 6,658 people over nine days, according to the site. It has closed and is no longer accepting donations.
“My reason for starting this fundraiser is to make concrete the power of collective action in providing security, and therefore support, for Dr. Blasey’s willingness to contribute to a thorough, fair vetting of a nominee for Supreme Court Justice,” that campaign’s organizer, Heidi Feldman, wrote on its page.”
A man named John Hawkins has created a GoFundMe though for Judge Kavanaugh and his family. As of now, there has been $370,000 raised towards the $400,000 goal. The fundraiser was accompanied by a very heartwarming dialogue about why the fundraiser was created to begin with.
The GoFundMe fundraiser read the following,
“Like many decent people from both parties, I have been disgusted by the unsubstantiated 36 year old smears aimed at Brett Kavanaugh. We live in a country where innocent until proven guilty is supposed to mean something; yet Brett Kavanaugh’s reputation is being dragged through the mud while his family is facing non-stop death threats.
This is a horrible way to treat a good man who has dedicated his life to public service. So many unethical people are giving unprovable 36 year old accusations the same weight as 6 FBI background checks, hundreds of hours of hearings and testimony under oath. It is disgraceful.
What I’d like to do is raise money for Brett Kavanaugh’s family to use for security or however they see fit. All of the money collected will go to Brett Kavanaugh’s family or alternately, if they refuse to accept it, to a charity of their choice. I have already reached out to a contact who should be able to put me in touch with Brett Kavanaugh’s family. If he can’t do it, I have plenty of other contacts who should be able to make it happen. I will update this page after I have talked with his family.
I hope you will show your support for a good man who has been treated very, very badly.
Update: I have heard some people say that Brett Kavanaugh is rich and so his family doesn’t need the money. That’s actually not correct. According to Market Watch, “Brett Kavanaugh may become the ‘poorest’ Supreme Court justice .”
Update #2: Some people have asked who I am and how they know that the Kavanaugh family will get the money. My name is John Hawkins. You can read about me here on Right Wing News. My identity has been verified by both Twitter and Facebook. I do weekly columns at PJ Media and have a book out. I am not someone who can fade into the background, so when I tell you that the Kavanaugh family will decide what happens to the money, that is what will happen. I have also been in regular contact with a representative of GoFundMe. All funds will be held by GoFundMe until the family has been contacted and a clear plan has been agreed upon.
Update #3: I’ve reached out to Kavanaugh’s family through three different people and I also called his office and spoke to a secretary about this today. I will let everyone know after I have gotten in touch with them.
Update #4: I have a well connected contact who says he can get me in touch with Kavanaugh’s team. When I have guidance from Kavanaugh’s family, I will update. Also, congrats on taking this fund raiser over $50,000 while Judge Kavanaugh was giving his powerful testimony during the hearing. I’m proud of the success we’ve had and the support we’ve shown for the judge’s family.
Update #5: I have continued reaching out to the judge’s family through different sources, but haven’t yet had any luck reaching them. It has occurred to me that they may not want to be reached until after the judge’s confirmation vote, which would be very understandable. In any case, I will continue reaching out to the judge’s family until I get an answer from them. Last but not least, with everything Judge Kavanaugh is being put through, it is fantastic to see so many people publicly showing their support for his family.
Update #6: The original goal was $100,000. I upped that to $125,000 and then $150,000. After that, I went up to $250,000 and it looks like we’re about to blow past that number as well. It is amazing to see so many good people supporting the family of a good man who has been treated so poorly and I am sure they will be very excited when they see all the support that they’ve gotten.”
Share if you agree with the fundraiser for the Kavanaugh’s.
Share if you think their family has been unfairly treated.
Share if you believe that this money is going to a good cause.
Trending Now on Right Wing News
Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Apprehend Over 164,000 Illegals In Less Than 7 Months
This story originally appeared on WeBuildTheWall.news & was edited and republished with permission:
The Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol has apprehended more than 164,000 illegal immigrants in less than seven months. That’s simply staggering. They were taken into custody between Brownsville and Del Rio during the first seven months of fiscal 2019. Approximately 162,000 illegal immigrants were taken into custody during all of 2018 so this breaks that record.
Apprehended migrants are separated into three categories: Unaccompanied children, family units and single adults. Each category showed steep increases, according to Customs and Border Protection figures. They are simply being swarmed and overwhelmed on the southern border. That’s a military tactic by the way and it’s working.
From the Caller Times:
“From Oct. 1 through March 31, the number of unaccompanied children in the sector was up 56 percent compared with the same period the year before. Family unit apprehensions were up nearly 230 percent. And the apprehension of single adults was up 31 percent.
“The southwestern United States is divided up among nine Customs and Border Protection sectors. The Rio Grande Sector is by far the busiest with an average of about 1,100 migrants per day taken into custody.
“According to the US Department of Health and Human Services’ budget documents, providing care for unaccompanied children taken into custody by immigration authorities has been costing about $1.5 billion a year for the past few years. But the number could top $2 billion for the new budget year that begins in October, the agency said.
“The apprehension figures do not include migrants who show up at U.S. ports of entry to seek asylum.”
U.S. Customs and Border Protection released the following statement:
“Release Date: April 23, 2019
“EDINBURG, Texas – The U.S. Border Patrol Rio Grande Valley Sector continues to experience unprecedented numbers in illegal alien apprehensions.
“Less than seven months into the fiscal year, the Rio Grande Valley Sector of the U.S. Border Patrol Sector has apprehended more than 164,000 people to date, surpassing the total number of apprehensions made in fiscal year 2018. The sector continues to work with its federal, state, local and non-governmental partners in addressing the influx of Central and South American migrants crossing into South Texas.
“On average, Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley arrest more than 1100 people per day.”
The increase is the result of an ongoing surge of migrants, most of them from Central America, who are crossing the border to seek asylum. The 2019 total for the Rio Grande Valley includes 15,310 unaccompanied minors apprehended from October through March — compared to 23,760 during the entire 2018 fiscal year — and 79,000 people who were traveling in families during the same time frame, which has already surpassed the 63,280 family members apprehended in 2018. The Border Patrol has reported similar increases along the entire southwest border.
President Trump has tried repeatedly to get funding for a wall and security on our southern border and the Democrats have obstructed him at every step. We are being invaded and this is an attack using swarming tactics. The U.S. is under siege… just build the wall already and stop all immigration for a period of time while this is sorted out. It is a brutal act of war and the violence will skyrockets as the invasion steadily increases. #WeBuildTheWall
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:
Under Bernie’s Plan, 183K Murderers, 164K Rapists Would Be Allowed To Vote From Prison
Socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) statement that those in prison should be allowed to vote is far more sweeping than most know. His proposal would allow some 183,000 convicted murderers and 164,000 convicted rapists to vote from their jail cells. In a CNN town hall this week, Sanders endorsed allowing all convicted U.S. citizens to vote from prison – including the Boston Marathon Bomber. It’s not a new stance for him… he’s always supported the felon vote.
“So, I believe people who commit crimes, they pay the price and they get out of jail, they certainly should have the right to vote,” Sanders said. “But, I believe even if they are in jail, they’re paying the price to society, but that should not take away their inherent American right to participate in our democracy.”
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) doesn’t want to be left out of this insanity either. She openly hinted that she would be open to such a plan, saying “I think we should have that conversation” when asked about allowing convicted criminals to vote from their cells. Of course, she is also saying she will use an executive order for gun control if she is elected president.
“The latest data compiled by the Prison Policy Initiative concludes that there are more than 1.6 million convicted criminals in local, state, and federal prisons across the country. This includes about 183,000 convicted murderers and 164,000 convicted rapists.
“Not all 1.6 million convicted criminals in local, state, and federal custody are American citizens, though. State and local prisons have yet to collect data deciphering between the citizen versus noncitizen populations of their prison populations.
“Federal data concludes that noncitizens make up about 25 percent of the federal prison population.
“Should this be true of local and state prisons, as well, this would mean that about 1.2 million convicted criminals in prison today could be eligible to vote from their cells under Sanders’ plan — including anywhere between 137,000 and 183,000 convicted murderers and potentially between 123,000 to 164,000 convicted rapists.
“Similarly, the Sanders plan would potentially allow anywhere between 14,250 and 19,000 citizens convicted of manslaughter to vote from their cells, as well as up to 154,000 convicted assailants.
“Ahead of the 2020 presidential election, as Breitbart News has reported, organizations funded by billionaire George Soros are working to restore the voting rights of about 1.4 million felons in Florida after the state approved the measure last year.”
Even Piers Morgan, who I sometimes agree with, but who is a rabid gun control advocate, thinks that Sanders is a lunatic for suggesting this. “I couldn’t really believe what I was hearing,” said Morgan, a former CNN host and DailyMail.com editor-at-large, calling the idea “utter lunacy.” He expressed disbelief that any Democrat could support such a proposal and believe they can defeat President Trump in 2020. He’s absolutely right. It’s a gift to Trump.
Carlson said Democrats don’t trust convicted felons “to go deer hunting” but are okay with them choosing the next president. “What they’re really saying is ‘we don’t care at all about anything. We’re nihilists, all we want is power and if we see a reservoir of potential voters, we’re gonna tap that reservoir,'” he said.
Bingo… that’s exactly what I’ve been saying for some time about the Democrats. It will backfire and Trump will get a second term because of it.
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW: