As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service in the world, RWN offers the following information published by: The Federalist Papers
DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielson revealed today that the “limited number” of women and children are being pushed to the front of the migrant caravan and used as human shields, and as propaganda for TV reporters, the Daily Mail is reporting:
U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said late Monday night that some migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border have been using women and children as ‘human shields’ in clashes with federal agents, confirming what U.S. Border Patrol officers and their labor union claimed hours earlier.
And she said hundreds of convicted criminals including rapists and child abusers are known to be among the ‘predominantly male’ convoy of Central Americans who have set up camp in Tijuana, waiting to cross into California.
‘It appears in some cases that the limited number of women and children in the caravan are being used by the organizers as “human shields” when they confront law enforcement,’ Nielsen said in a statement posted on Facebook.
Here is Secretary Nielson’s statement statement in full, without the mainstream media filter:
Given the activities of the last 24 hours at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, I want to provide an update on what occurred and attempt to dispel many of the rumors and much of the misinformation circulating.
First, the violence we saw at the border was entirely predictable.
This caravan, unlike previous caravans, had already entered #Mexico violently and attacked border police in two other countries.
I refuse to believe that anyone honestly maintains that attacking law enforcement with rocks and projectiles is acceptable.
It is shocking that I have to explain this, but officers can be seriously or fatally injured in such attacks. Self-defense isn’t debatable for most law-abiding Americans.
Second, the caravan is far larger and more organized than previous ones.
There are 8,500 caravan members in Tijuana and Mexicali. There are reports of additional caravans on their way.
Third, the overwhelming majority of these individuals are not eligible for asylum in the United States under our laws.
Historically, less than 10% of those who claim asylum from #Guatemala, #Honduras, and #ElSalvador are found eligible by a federal judge. 90% are not eligible.
Most of these migrants are seeking jobs or to join family who are already in the U.S.
They have all refused multiple opportunities to seek protection in Mexico or with the UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
Seeking employment or family reunification are not grounds for asylum under our laws, or any international obligation. There are, however, legal ways to seek a job or to be reunited in the U.S.
Fourth, the caravan members are predominately male. It appears in some cases that the limited number of women and children in the caravan are being used by the organizers as “human shields” when they confront law enforcement.
They are being put at risk by the caravan organizers as we saw at the Mexico-Guatemala border. This is putting vulnerable people in harms way.
Fifth, we cannot confirm the backgrounds and identities of all caravan members which possess a national security and public safety risk to our country.
However, at this point we have confirmed that there are over 600 convicted criminals traveling with the caravan flow. This includes individuals known to law enforcement for assault, battery, drug crimes, burglary, rape, child abuse and more. This is serious. Additionally, Mexico has already arrested 100 caravan members for criminal violations in Mexico.
Sixth, our Border Patrol agents and officers responded admirably and responsibly to the events on Sunday.
It is a testament to their training and professionalism that no one was injured.
The accepted use of nonlethal force (also used by the Obama Administration in 2013) prevented further injury to agents and a mass illegal rush across the border.
We will not shy away from protecting our people. I ask parents to avoid violent caravan groups and refrain from attempts to illegally enter our country – these acts will put your children in danger.
Seventh, I want to thank President Donald J. Trump again for the decision to send @DeptofDefense to the border to bolster our ports of entry and provide force protection for Customs and Border Protection.
This decision likely prevented injuries to personnel and migrants or additional damage to property.
Instead of “a political stunt,” as suggested by some, this was in fact the act of a leader concerned about the rule of law.
Eighth, this Administration has been working nonstop to fix our immigration system to address the crisis at the border.
We have proposed legislation and asked Congress to pass it. The President has repeatedly made clear what is needed to secure our border and negotiated in good faith.
It is time for Congress to do its job. Absent Congressional action courts have misinterpreted existing laws and have made the job of law enforcement far more difficult.
But the men and women of DHS will continue to do all we can to enforce the law and DHS and U.S. Department of State will continue negotiations with Mexico and our other partners in the region. We are optimistic that cross border collaboration can help make America, indeed the entire region, more secure.
Finally, this Administration warned about the danger of the caravan. We predicted the violence we saw on Sunday.
We prepared to address it with additional personnel and DOD deployments.
We will continue to prepare for the next assault while looking for lasting solutions with Congress and our Mexican partners.
As always, I want to thank those officers and agents in San Ysidro who, under tremendous strain, used professionalism and restraint to ensure that no one was injured as they were attacked themselves. I also thank DOD and our state & local law enforcement who were on scene to support our people.
Trending Now on Right Wing News
Yuma Mayor Declares Emergency Over Migrant Crisis – City Overrun
This story originally appeared on WeBuildTheWall.news & was edited & republished with permission:
Sounds like a humanitarian and a national security crisis to me and I’m not the only one who sees it that way. Yuma Mayor Douglas Nicholls just declared an emergency in his city due to what he said was the strain caused by the incoming flow of migrants. The agents and authorities are simply being overwhelmed and swarmed by these invaders.
1,800 came over the border in one day… one day! Half of those detained on Tuesday crossing over from Mexico were found in the El Paso, Texas area, according to officials. Border patrol said more than 980 were apprehended before 5 am after crossing in three large groups. Yuma is having just as rough a time of it.
Mayor Nicholls went public with this on Facebook. He explained that he “proclaimed a local emergency” in the city “due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system.” And it’s not just the sheer numbers of illegal immigrants… it’s the economic burden, the crime, the drugs, the danger to children and disease that is playing into this massive emergency state.
Nicholls is begging the government to step in and do something here. I don’t blame him in the least. They need help and fast. “I am calling upon the federal government to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in Yuma, as our NGO’s are overcapacity and cannot sustain providing this aid,” the post said. Here’s a thought – ship all of them to sanctuary cities just as Trump proposed. Works for me. Better yet, don’t let them in at all unless they come here legally.
From Fox News:
“Nicholls, in a video, laid out his reasoning behind the declaration, saying that he ultimately feels that its what’s best for both Yuma and the incoming migrants.
“So it’s with a heavy heart that I declare that we’re at this point but it is something that I believe we need to do to make sure that our community is maintained and that the human rights of all the migrants are also maintained and that we have a path forward that respects both,” he said.
“The city of Yuma, Ariz., also tweeted about the proclamation, citing Nicholls, claiming that released migrants were coming into the area faster than they were leaving.
“The move by the local official comes after President Trump declared a national emergency at the nation’s southern border earlier this year.”
Mayor: Migrants being released into the community faster than they are departing, and shelters and the staff to run them are at max capacity. A state of emergency is declared.
— City of Yuma (@cityofyuma) April 16, 2019
“The transportation network is just insufficient to keep up with demand,” Nicholls said. “And the backlog of people staying at the shelter has created this capacity issue.” The media and the left are playing it up that the poor illegal immigrants don’t have money for bus fare to go to relatives while they await their court date. But the issue here is that they should not be here in the first place.
Now, the city is hoping for a FEMA response. In signing the declaration, Nicholls said he hopes to draw national attention to the plight of local communities struggling with a federal issue, adding that he’s talking to officials in other border cities and calling on them to issue similar emergency declarations. The mayor stated that he had spoken to Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, who signaled his support for the declaration.
Today I proclaimed a local emergency in Yuma, due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system. I am calling upon the federal government to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in Yuma, as our NGO’s are overcapacity and cannot sustain providing this aid. I signed the proclamation of emergency and soon after spoke with media at approximately 3:15 pm (MST). You can view via the video below:
Posted by Douglas Nicholls, Yuma Mayor on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
“We will review any declaration once we receive it,” according to a statement Tuesday night from Patrick Ptak, a Ducey spokesman. “Ultimately, this humanitarian crisis is the result of Congress’ failure to act. It will only be solved by Congress actually doing something, and the governor has vocally urged Congress to quit playing politics and take action. If only they would.
“In the wake of their inaction, our office is working with local governments, non-profits and our federal partners to maximize available resources and ensure proper coordination between ICE officials and groups providing temporary services to migrants.”
I rolled into Mexico illegally, and came back into the USA… upon entering I got free healthcare, dental, welfare and cash in my pocket. It was that easy. @DonaldJTrumpJr @realDonaldTrump @RealJamesWoods @Education4Libs @IngrahamAngle @gehrig38 @SheriffClarke @NeilWMcCabe2 pic.twitter.com/8BHuqGbaZA
— Brian Kolfage (@BrianKolfage) April 11, 2019
Nicholls fears hungry migrants roaming the streets. He should fear much worse than that. “This isn’t a natural disaster,” Nicholls said. “But it is a disaster.”
“… the local emergency exceeds control of the services, personnel, equipment and facilities of the City of Yuma and requires the combined efforts, cooperation, and resources of the Yuma community including local and non-profit agencies such as the Red Cross, Catholic Community Services, The Salvation Army, Yuma Community Food Bank, churches, the County of Yuma, the State of Arizona, and the United States of America,” the statement said.
It’s long past time for the wall to be built and We Build The Wall should start their project this month. Meanwhile, President Trump is still scratching and fighting for every mile of barrier put up. Put the blame of all this where it belongs… squarely on the left. #WeBuildTheWall
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW: