When I go shopping I avoid handicapped spaces like the plague for two reasons. The first is that I feel for those who truly need those spaces to make it easier for them to get in and out of the parking lot. The second is I don’t want to get slapped with a horrendous fine. People should respect those two points even at a county fair in California.
The Department of Motor Vehicles conducted four sting operations at the Los Angeles County Fair. Their targets were those drivers who looked to game disabled parking places by the clever and dishonest use of handicapped placards. Anyone who was caught got nailed with a citation and deservedly so.
“We want the public to know that a person who is assigned a disabled parking placard is the only one who can legally use it,” said DMV Investigations Chief Tom Wilson in a statement. “Our goal is to achieve compliance through education and enforcement, and we ask those without a disability to save the space.”
“I’m glad they’re cracking down,” said Laura Romero of Lake Arrowhead. “Because a lot of people who have these cards shouldn’t have them.” And it’s not just California you see that in. I’ve seen it happen all over the country.
During the operations – which took place on four different September days – authorities checked 1,955 placards and issued 345 citations. That’s nearly 17 percent of them. What the heck is wrong with these people? Who does something like that?
Citations range from $250 per violation all the way up to $1,000. If I were the police, I’d go for the max on something like this. This disgusts me and I can’t believe people stoop this low. Check that, yes, I can.
“We get a lot of family members using their father’s or mother’s (placard),” said Commander Paula Lucero of DMV Investigations. “Sometimes they’ll flat out tell us (the placard owner is) at home, and they’re just using the placard to get better parking.” So much for honesty anymore. It looks to me as if the majority of those caught are the children of those who need those spots who figure they can just use the placard. SMH.
Most of the people caught would not talk to the media. Shocker there. But some actually did. “Ah, it is what it is,” said Will Espinoza, who claimed he was driving his brother-in-law’s vehicle and since it had a placard hanging from the rear-view mirror, he decided to use it. Dude, you do know that makes you look like a grade-A scumbag, right? Not to mention putting the size of your IQ in question.
“It’s like a speeding ticket, eventually you’re going to get one,” said Espinoza about the citation he received. Really? No, it’s not because most people don’t do something like that. I believe most people are good and don’t lie like this. Maybe I’m just naive that way. This is the kind of guy that thinks lying and stealing are normal somehow.
The Department of Motor Vehicles says that each of its 24 districts conducts a disabled-person parking placard enforcement operation at least once a month. “We really want to educate the public and let them know this is a violation,” said Lucero. “It’s a steep fine, and if you’re out there misusing it, we’re going to find you and give you a citation.”
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) September 22, 2018
The citations did not include people without placards parking in designated stalls because, according to DMV authorities, the operation took place in the disabled parking lot and to enter every person either had a disabled placard or disabled license plate.
This is the second year the DMV has done this at the L.A. County Fair. Last year, of the 2,754 placards checked during five operations, investigators caught 477 people misusing them, officials said. Gee, it’s a trend.
“If there is someone illegally taking a parking spot from a guest with a disabled parking placard, we want to know about it,” said Miguel A. Santana, Fairplex’s president, and CEO, in a statement. “Those spots are designed for those who need them. So, we are happy to assist the DMV in making sure everyone is following the law.”
In California, a valid placard cannot be used by anyone but the person it was issued to and they must be present when it’s in use. Additionally, individuals cannot display a canceled or revoked placard. That seems pretty straightforward to me and applies pretty much everywhere you go I bet. I still can’t wrap my head around anyone who would pull something like this.
Trending Now on Right Wing News
22 MS-13 Gang Members Charged With Machete Murders In California
Just think.. the Democrat party wants these criminals to be able to vote in our elections. This is why it is so important that we take our elections seriously. Elections have serious consequences that can put all of us in danger.
Thank you for this plague on our country, Democrats.
Twenty-two members of the violent El Salvadorian MS-13 Gang in Los Angeles, California have been charged with a string of gruesome murders, often involving members allegedly hacking their victims to death with machetes.
On Tuesday, 22 MS-13 Gang members in the Los Angeles area were charged with murdering seven individuals over the last two years, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced. The murders, prosecutors say, usually involved MS-13 Gang members brutally murdering their victims using machetes and other “medieval-style” tactics.
For example, the indictment states that in one murder, six of the MS-13 Gang members charged kidnapped, choked, and attacked a rival gang member with a machete. The victim had his body parts dismembered and thrown into a canyon. One MS-13 Gang member used his machete to cut the victims’ heart out of his chest.
MS-13 Gang member Fernando Garcia Parada poses for a photo wielding a machete and throwing a gang sign in January 2018. (Department of Justice)
The investigation primarily focused on the Fulton clique, operating in the San Fernando Valley, of the Los Angeles-based MS-13 Gang. Thanks to growing levels of illegal immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border, prosecutors say the clique was gifted with a steady stream of vulnerable, young Central American boys who were eager to become members of the gang. Their initiation to join MS-13 is to murder an individual who is “perceived to be adverse” to the gang.
In other alleged murders detailed in the 78-page indictment, a group of MS-13 Gang members hacked a victim to death with knives and a machete on June 4, 2017. A few months prior, another group of MS-13 Gang members allegedly hacked a victim to death with a machete in the Angeles National Forest. Continue Reading
Read the full Indictment here
LOS ANGELES – An investigation by federal and local authorities has resulted in a federal racketeering case that charges 22 people linked to the MS-13 transnational gang, most of whom allegedly participated in a series of murders, including several slayings in which victims were hacked to death with machetes in the Angeles National Forest.
A 12-count indictment unsealed Monday afternoon alleges that members and associates of the gang murdered seven people over the last two years. The indictment charges gang leaders who allegedly authorized and coordinated the murders. Also charged are gang members who allegedly murdered and attempted to murder rival gang members, those who were perceived to be cooperating with law enforcement, and, in one instance, a homeless man who was temporarily living in a park controlled by the gang.
The indictment focuses on a particularly violent subset of the gang known as the Fulton clique, which operates in the San Fernando Valley and has recently seen an influx of young immigrants from Central America. Under the influence of these young gangsters, younger associates who wanted to become members of MS-13 were “required to kill an MS-13 rival or someone perceived to be adverse to MS-13 to be initiated into MS-13,” according to the indictment.
In one murder detailed in the indictment, several MS-13 members allegedly targeted a rival gang member who was believed to have defaced MS-13 graffiti. On March 6, 2017, according to the indictment, the rival gang member was abducted, choked, and driven to a remote location in the Angeles National Forest, where six people attacked him with a machete. The victim was dismembered, and his body parts were thrown into a canyon after one of the defendants allegedly cut the heart out of the victim’s body.
The federal RICO case – which was unsealed Monday during arraignments for three defendants who were taken into custody over the past several days in the Los Angeles area – is the product of an investigation by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Task Force on Violent Gangs, which is made up of special agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, officers with the Los Angeles Police Department, and deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. A fourth defendant was arrested over the weekend in Oklahoma. Continue Reading
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:
Antifa Terrorist Who Attacked ICE Facility Urges Leftists To Arm Themselves In Manifesto
Time to declare Antifa a terrorist organization and track down their leaders and financiers and punish them. We can’t have these terrorists walking our streets.
Antifa better watch out. Majority of Americans are armed. Be careful what you wish for, comrades.
The 69-year-old man who attacked a Tacoma, Washington, ICE facility Saturday left behind a manifesto in which he urged leftists to ignore laws in order to arm themselves.
The Washington Post reports that the attacker, Willem Van Spronsen, “threw ‘lit objects’ at buildings and at cars in a parking lot, police said, causing a vehicle to go up in flames.” Four Tacoma Police officers engaged Spronsen, opening fire on him and ending his life. No ICE personnel were injured.
Spronsen left behind a manifesto which stressed he was using a gun that is highly regulated in Washington state, saying:
I am not affiliated with any organization, i have disaffiliated from any organizations who disagree with my choice of tactics. the semi automatic weapon i used was a cheap, home built unregistered “ghost” ar15, had six magazines.
A “ghost” AR-15 is a rifle that collectors and/or firearm enthusiasts build in their own home. Some states require that such a gun be registered, some do not. On May 7, K5 News reported that Washington state completely banned 3-D printed guns and retained tight restrictions on “ghost” guns.
Spronsen also used his manifesto to encourage fellow leftists to arm themselves. He went so far as to urge them to “ignore” laws for firearm acquisition, if they can get away with it, saying, “I strongly encourage comrades and incoming comrades to arm themselves. we are now responsible for defending people from the predatory state. ignore the laws of arming yourself if you have the luxury, i did.”
An armed man was fatally shot Saturday after throwing what authorities called “incendiary devices” at an immigration detention center in Washington state and trying to set a commercial-size propane tank on fire, according to Tacoma police.
About 4 a.m., 69-year-old Willem Van Spronsen threw “lit objects” at buildings and at cars in a parking lot, police said, causing a vehicle to go up in flames. Court records show the man was arrested last year at a protest at the privately owned detention center, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement called the man an “anti-immigration-enforcement protester.”
The man, a Vashon Island resident, died at the scene after shots were fired, police said.
“This could have resulted in the mass murder of staff and detainees housed at the facility had he been successful at setting the tank ablaze,” Shawn Fallah, who heads the ICE Office of Professional Responsibility, said in a statement. “These are the kinds of incidents that keep you up at night.”
No ICE employees or detainees were hurt, agency spokeswoman Tanya Roman told The Washington Post. The detention center canceled visitations for the day but did not go into lockdown, Roman said. The facility returned to its full operations Sunday.
The attack came as thousands protested at ICE facilities nationwide ahead of the agency’s planned mass arrests of undocumented immigrants on Sunday. The Trump administration has said it will target about 2,000 families for deportation, focusing on as many as 10 cities. Seattle is not among the cities reportedly being targeted.
The Northwest Detention Center on the Tacoma Tideflats is owned and operated for ICE by a private company called the GEO Group, according to the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, which puts the facility’s capacity at 1,575 — one of the biggest immigration detention centers in the country, the group says. As ICE faces calls to improve conditions for migrants in its custody, some have called on the government to stop using privately run detention centers. Continue Reading
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:
President Trump takes on ‘the squad’ of progressive congresswomen during rally
22 MS-13 Gang Members Charged With Machete Murders In California
Thank you for this plague on our country, Democrats