SAN DIEGO, Calif. – A Honduran woman is believed to be the first member of the migrant caravan to have a child in the United States after scaling the border wall with her family and giving birth within 24 hours.
The move is likely to reignite the debate surrounding “anchor babies” and birthright citizenship. President Trump threatened in October to end birthright citizenship with an executive order, although others believe it would require a constitutional amendment.
Maryury Elizabeth Serrano-Hernandez, 19, was more than seven months pregnant when she left Honduras, along with her husband Miguel Ortiz, 20, and their three-year-old son, travelling more than 2,000 miles.
Late last month, they finally made their way to Tijuana, Mexico, where thousands of other Central Americans had gathered, hoping to cross into the United States.
At the makeshift camp, Serrano-Hernandez and her husband say they feared for their safety after being surrounded by Mexicans who weren’t happy they were there. Scared and outnumbered, they decided to cross the border illegally. U.S. inspectors at the main border crossing in San Diego are processing up to about 100 asylum claims every day. Some desperate migrants are crossing the border illegally, avoiding the wait.
Calling the birth in the U.S. a “big reward” for her family’s journey, Serrano-Hernandez told Univision, which documented parts of their journey: “With the faith in God, I always said my son will be born there (in America).”
After somehow climbing the border wall, Serrano-Hernandez and her family were met by three border patrol agents who demanded they return to Tijuana. The family refused and asked for asylum. They were taken to the Imperial Beach Station in San Diego County for processing.
As the events were unfolding however, Serrano-Hernandez could tell something wasn’t quite right.
“The day I came across, I felt a little pain, but I thought it will be because of my nerves,” she said.
U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agency told Fox News: “The woman, who was eight months pregnant, began complaining of abdominal pain (Nov. 27) and was immediately transported to a local hospital by Border Patrol agents.”
Serrano-Hernandez was in labor. Soon thereafter, she gave birth to a baby boy.
But it wasn’t all roses and rainbows after that.
“I felt like a criminal,” Serrano-Hernandez said.
Her husband claims immigration officials, who stood guard outside the hospital room, closed all the windows and tried placing handcuffs on the new mother moments after giving birth. They also inspected food brought in by nurses and monitored people entering and exiting the room. The nurses held a drive and gifted the family clothes, diapers and baby wipes but Ortiz says once his family returned to the San Diego detention center, their property was confiscated.
Border Patrol did not respond to specific inquiries Fox News made about whether agents took the items, nor did they respond to requests seeking data on the number of pregnant women making similar attempts to give birth on U.S. soil. Border Patrol did tell Fox News that the family was “placed into immigration proceedings and released on their own recognizance on December 2.”
President Trump has vowed to stop migrants from entering the U.S. He’s ramped up rhetoric about the types of people seeking asylum and claims many in the caravan are hardened criminals and ready to wreak havoc. He’s also sent thousands of troops to patrol the border.
The border mission was supposed to come to an end on Dec. 15, but on Tuesday, Defense Secretary James Mattis extended the deployments of active duty troops into early 2019.
Currently, there are about 5,600 troops stationed in Texas, Arizona and California. Some troops in California have been helping Border Patrol place concertina wire and construct concrete barriers at border crossing points – something Mattis indicated last week was close to completion.
The controversy at the border – and the administration’s response to it – has polarized much of the country. Last month, images of federal agents firing tear gas on hundreds of migrants created outrage with several high-ranking Democrats blaming the White House. Those complaints were tamped down after data from the Department of Homeland Security revealed that agents also used tear gas at the U.S.-Mexico border dozens of times during the Obama administration.
Via – Fox News
Trending Now on Right Wing News
22 MS-13 Gang Members Charged With Machete Murders In California
Just think.. the Democrat party wants these criminals to be able to vote in our elections. This is why it is so important that we take our elections seriously. Elections have serious consequences that can put all of us in danger.
Thank you for this plague on our country, Democrats.
Twenty-two members of the violent El Salvadorian MS-13 Gang in Los Angeles, California have been charged with a string of gruesome murders, often involving members allegedly hacking their victims to death with machetes.
On Tuesday, 22 MS-13 Gang members in the Los Angeles area were charged with murdering seven individuals over the last two years, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced. The murders, prosecutors say, usually involved MS-13 Gang members brutally murdering their victims using machetes and other “medieval-style” tactics.
For example, the indictment states that in one murder, six of the MS-13 Gang members charged kidnapped, choked, and attacked a rival gang member with a machete. The victim had his body parts dismembered and thrown into a canyon. One MS-13 Gang member used his machete to cut the victims’ heart out of his chest.
MS-13 Gang member Fernando Garcia Parada poses for a photo wielding a machete and throwing a gang sign in January 2018. (Department of Justice)
The investigation primarily focused on the Fulton clique, operating in the San Fernando Valley, of the Los Angeles-based MS-13 Gang. Thanks to growing levels of illegal immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border, prosecutors say the clique was gifted with a steady stream of vulnerable, young Central American boys who were eager to become members of the gang. Their initiation to join MS-13 is to murder an individual who is “perceived to be adverse” to the gang.
In other alleged murders detailed in the 78-page indictment, a group of MS-13 Gang members hacked a victim to death with knives and a machete on June 4, 2017. A few months prior, another group of MS-13 Gang members allegedly hacked a victim to death with a machete in the Angeles National Forest. Continue Reading
Read the full Indictment here
LOS ANGELES – An investigation by federal and local authorities has resulted in a federal racketeering case that charges 22 people linked to the MS-13 transnational gang, most of whom allegedly participated in a series of murders, including several slayings in which victims were hacked to death with machetes in the Angeles National Forest.
A 12-count indictment unsealed Monday afternoon alleges that members and associates of the gang murdered seven people over the last two years. The indictment charges gang leaders who allegedly authorized and coordinated the murders. Also charged are gang members who allegedly murdered and attempted to murder rival gang members, those who were perceived to be cooperating with law enforcement, and, in one instance, a homeless man who was temporarily living in a park controlled by the gang.
The indictment focuses on a particularly violent subset of the gang known as the Fulton clique, which operates in the San Fernando Valley and has recently seen an influx of young immigrants from Central America. Under the influence of these young gangsters, younger associates who wanted to become members of MS-13 were “required to kill an MS-13 rival or someone perceived to be adverse to MS-13 to be initiated into MS-13,” according to the indictment.
In one murder detailed in the indictment, several MS-13 members allegedly targeted a rival gang member who was believed to have defaced MS-13 graffiti. On March 6, 2017, according to the indictment, the rival gang member was abducted, choked, and driven to a remote location in the Angeles National Forest, where six people attacked him with a machete. The victim was dismembered, and his body parts were thrown into a canyon after one of the defendants allegedly cut the heart out of the victim’s body.
The federal RICO case – which was unsealed Monday during arraignments for three defendants who were taken into custody over the past several days in the Los Angeles area – is the product of an investigation by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Task Force on Violent Gangs, which is made up of special agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, officers with the Los Angeles Police Department, and deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. A fourth defendant was arrested over the weekend in Oklahoma. Continue Reading
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:
Antifa Terrorist Who Attacked ICE Facility Urges Leftists To Arm Themselves In Manifesto
Time to declare Antifa a terrorist organization and track down their leaders and financiers and punish them. We can’t have these terrorists walking our streets.
Antifa better watch out. Majority of Americans are armed. Be careful what you wish for, comrades.
The 69-year-old man who attacked a Tacoma, Washington, ICE facility Saturday left behind a manifesto in which he urged leftists to ignore laws in order to arm themselves.
The Washington Post reports that the attacker, Willem Van Spronsen, “threw ‘lit objects’ at buildings and at cars in a parking lot, police said, causing a vehicle to go up in flames.” Four Tacoma Police officers engaged Spronsen, opening fire on him and ending his life. No ICE personnel were injured.
Spronsen left behind a manifesto which stressed he was using a gun that is highly regulated in Washington state, saying:
I am not affiliated with any organization, i have disaffiliated from any organizations who disagree with my choice of tactics. the semi automatic weapon i used was a cheap, home built unregistered “ghost” ar15, had six magazines.
A “ghost” AR-15 is a rifle that collectors and/or firearm enthusiasts build in their own home. Some states require that such a gun be registered, some do not. On May 7, K5 News reported that Washington state completely banned 3-D printed guns and retained tight restrictions on “ghost” guns.
Spronsen also used his manifesto to encourage fellow leftists to arm themselves. He went so far as to urge them to “ignore” laws for firearm acquisition, if they can get away with it, saying, “I strongly encourage comrades and incoming comrades to arm themselves. we are now responsible for defending people from the predatory state. ignore the laws of arming yourself if you have the luxury, i did.”
An armed man was fatally shot Saturday after throwing what authorities called “incendiary devices” at an immigration detention center in Washington state and trying to set a commercial-size propane tank on fire, according to Tacoma police.
About 4 a.m., 69-year-old Willem Van Spronsen threw “lit objects” at buildings and at cars in a parking lot, police said, causing a vehicle to go up in flames. Court records show the man was arrested last year at a protest at the privately owned detention center, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement called the man an “anti-immigration-enforcement protester.”
The man, a Vashon Island resident, died at the scene after shots were fired, police said.
“This could have resulted in the mass murder of staff and detainees housed at the facility had he been successful at setting the tank ablaze,” Shawn Fallah, who heads the ICE Office of Professional Responsibility, said in a statement. “These are the kinds of incidents that keep you up at night.”
No ICE employees or detainees were hurt, agency spokeswoman Tanya Roman told The Washington Post. The detention center canceled visitations for the day but did not go into lockdown, Roman said. The facility returned to its full operations Sunday.
The attack came as thousands protested at ICE facilities nationwide ahead of the agency’s planned mass arrests of undocumented immigrants on Sunday. The Trump administration has said it will target about 2,000 families for deportation, focusing on as many as 10 cities. Seattle is not among the cities reportedly being targeted.
The Northwest Detention Center on the Tacoma Tideflats is owned and operated for ICE by a private company called the GEO Group, according to the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, which puts the facility’s capacity at 1,575 — one of the biggest immigration detention centers in the country, the group says. As ICE faces calls to improve conditions for migrants in its custody, some have called on the government to stop using privately run detention centers. Continue Reading
DONATE NOW TO BUILD THE WALL WITH BRIAN KOLFAGE, CLICK BELOW:
President Trump takes on ‘the squad’ of progressive congresswomen during rally
22 MS-13 Gang Members Charged With Machete Murders In California
Thank you for this plague on our country, Democrats